The goals of the Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM) Core Laboratories Center (CLC) Advanced Biomedical Technology Seminar series are (1) to provide the WCM and nearby research community with information about currently available core facility resources and services; (2) to introduce new and emerging technologies and applications, and (3) to provide a public forum to help evaluate if there is a critical mass of interest and potential use for proposed new platforms and possible new services in the CLC core facilities. These seminars are open to all.
List of Previous Seminars
- How Nucleic Acid Mass Spectrometry Complements the Needs of Modern Translational Research. Charles Cantor, Ph.D., Agena Bioscience, 10/30/15.
- A Revolution in Molecular Profiling: NGS-based Gene Expression Using the HTG EdgeSeq Library Prep System. B.J. Kerns, HTG Molecular, Rockefeller University, 11/12/15.
- Unlock Powerful Genomics Insights with Linked-Reads: The 10X Genomics GemCode Platform. Neal Shea, 10X Genomics, 12/8/15.
- Rapid Analysis and Interpretation of Next Generation Sequencing Data: CLC Biomedical Genomics Workbench & Ingenuity Variant Analysis. Robert Mervis, Qiagen Advanced Genomics, 12/16/15.
- CRISPR & RNAi & Small Molecule Screening: Functional Genomics Tools for Translating Biological Entities into Druggable Targets. Ralph Garippa, Ph.D., Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1/7/16.
- Comprehensive Views of Genetic Diversity with Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT) Sequencing. Alix Cruse, Pacific Biosciences, 1/19/16.
- High-Throughput Screening and Spectroscopy Resource Center. J. Fraser Glickman, Rockefeller University, 2/5/16.
- Fundamentals and Advancements in Liquid Chromatography–Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS). John Van Antwerp, Waters Inc., 2/9/16.
- Quantitative Metabolic Profiling: On the Critical Path for Understanding Cancer Metabolism. Takushi Oga, Ph.D., Human Metabolome Technologies (HMT), 2/11/16.
- Revolutionize Your Confocal Imaging Session. Overview of the Imaging Facility, Lee Cohen-Gould & Sushmita Mukherjee, Ph.D., Weill Cornell Medicine. Imaging with the LSM 880 and Airyscan, Samantha Fore, Ph.D., Carl Zeiss Microscopy. 3D Imaging of Membrane Traffic, Frederick Maxfield, Ph.D., Department of Biochemistry, Weill Cornell Medicine. 2/12/16.
- Biomarker Development for Oncology Research & Cancer Immunotherapy Using 3D Biology: Simultaneous Digital Counting of DNA, RNA, and Proteins at 800-plex. Kit Fuhrman, Ph.D., NanoString Technologies, 2/17/16.
- Using Scalable Transfection to Optimize and Simplify Cell-Based Projects. James Brady, Ph.D., MaxCyte, 3/22/16.
- High Resolution In Vivo Micro-Ultrasound & Photoacoustic Imaging. Kelly O'Connell, Ph.D., VisualSonics, 3/15/16.
- Real-Time Quantitative Live-Cell Analysis. Lindy O’Clair, Essen Biosciences, 4/12/16.
- Enabling National-Scale Cancer Genomics on the Cloud. Gaurav Kaushik, Ph.D., SevenBridges, 5/3/16.
- Fluorescence Microscopy: Modern Techniques of High- and Super-Resolution of Biological Specimens. David Hitrys, GE Healthcare Life Sciences, 5/11/16.
- RapidFire System: 10X Faster Detection of Native Compounds by Mass Spectrometry. Michelle Romm, Ph.D., Agilent Technologies, 5/23/16.
- Unveiling the Tumor Microenvironment Using Imaging Mass Cytometry. Raúl Catena, Ph.D., Institute for Molecular Life Sciences, University of Zürich, 6/6/16.
- Next Generation Sequencing Solutions for Immune Profiling, Analysis of Small RNAs, and NGS Sample Preparation. Anthony Kayas, Takada Clontech, 6/23/16.
- How Multiphoton Microscopy Can Help Unveil Cognitive Deficits Associated with Chronic Stress and Depression. Conor Liston, M.D., Ph.D., Brain and Mind Research Institute and Department of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medicine, 6/28/16.
- X-Ray Microscopy for the Life Sciences. Ruth Redman, Ph.D., Carl Zeiss Microscopy, 6/30/16.
- High-throughput Gene Expression Profiling of Complex Cell Populations Using the 10X Chromium Single Cell System. Paul Ryvkin, Ph.D., 10X Genomics. 7/14/16.
- Mobile Research Studies: The What, Why, and How. Michael Carroll, Cornell Tech NYC, and Deborah Estrin, Ph.D. Cornell Tech NYC and Weill Cornell Medicine. 7/19/16.
- Molecular Barcoding Approaches for Targeted RNA Sequencing: Digital RNA-seq for Gene Expression Studies. Samuel J. Rulli, Jr., Ph.D., Qiagen Advanced Genomics. 7/21/16.
- Liquid Handling Reimagined: Echo Acoustic Liquid Handling for Screening, Assay Assembly, and Genomics Workflows. Tim Allison, Ph.D., LabCyte. 7/25/16.
- Drop-Sequencing for High-throughput Single Cell Gene Expression Studies. Olivier Elemento, Ph.D. and Asaf Poran, Computational Biomedicine, Weill Cornell Medicine. 8/2/16.
- Flow Cytometry Seminar. Overview of the New CLC Flow Cytometry Core Facility. Jason McCormick and Tomas Baumgartner, Weill Cornell Medicine. Beyond the Cytometer: New Approaches for Multicolor Panel Design and Novel Applications for Flow Cytometry. Arielle Ginsberg, BD Biosciences. 8/18/16.